According to Google, one in 3 travelers say they haven’t decided on a destination when they first start thinking about a trip.
This is excellent news. A portion of hotel marketing strategies may focus on providing information to help nudge them towards you.
Your topic is hiding in these questions:
- What does the prospect need to know/learn/understand about your products & services BEFORE they can convert into a paying customer?
- What barriers/objections do they have to convert into a paying customer? Think about consumer perceptions about your industry.
- What are they thinking about/worrying about/researching/talking about before they decide to buy your products & services?
- What is the primary pain point your prospect is experiencing? What problems are they facing?
For your hotel marketing strategy to work, you must be visible. A hotel can accomplish that by using both paid and organic methods. Take five minutes to answer the questions below and see if you are missing any opportunities to improve your hotel’s marketing strategy.
- Youtube – What does your YouTube presence look like? Do you have lots of content or only a few videos?
- Facebook – Is your Facebook listing complete? Do you respond to comments or questions? Are you providing information visitors want?
- Content Strategy – What information does your potential customer want and do you have a place to provide that information?
- Other social platforms – Are you available on other widely used social platforms?
- Keep social media properties up to date and rich with content. Don’t skimp on photo and video quality.
- Make sure your website is user friendly, SEO friendly, and optimized for mobile. 60% of searches come from mobile devices (Google).
- If you haven’t already, claim your property on Tripadvisor.
- Are you advertising to people who have already visited your website?
- Do your Facebook and AdWords ad target specific groups of travelers?
- Are you using review site’s paid options to boost your hotel’s listing?
- How are you currently keeping track of your digital strategy?
- There are many ways to reach your customers at different phases of their travel planning journey. It is important to use the right message on the right platform.
- Keep track of what is working and what is not working for your hotel.
Setting up a winning strategy requires a well thought-out plan. We’d love to help! Contact us.