A Global Shift in Search Marketing Strategy
OUR APPROACH & RESULTS
ur target outcome is simple: rank the client’s website within the top three Google search results for all seven of its core services and across four different countries within twelve months. Thus, the goal represents achieving international search rankings for 28 unique services pages.
We began by conducting discovery meetings with the client to understand their business and collaborate to form a strategy. We then conducted a digital presence audit and search visibility audit for the client, both within the US and internationally. While most SEO companies focus solely on auditing a client’s website, we tend to take a more holistic approach to the entire digital presence because website optimization is only a fraction of what influences rankings.
Next, we conducted keyword/keyword-variation research to determine the current search volumes, opportunity size (calculated by adding together all closely related variation terms), and the competitiveness of ranking for the terms. We also created a benchmark of where the client was currently ranking for all the search terms and noted which competitors consistently ranked in the top positions.
After gaining a high-level understanding of the competitive search environment, we narrowed our focus on the top competitors by conducting the same digital presence and search visibility audit we did for the client and compared the findings.
Our research uncovered four critical opportunities for increasing search traffic:
- Low competition for international map-packs on Google.
- A low number of localized (location-based) backlinks among competitors.
- Significant opportunities in content marketing related to manufacturing in developing nations.
- A Google penalty related to a recent search engine algorithm update is suppressing the client’s website visibility.
During 45 days of implementation we:
- Created 32 new web pages.
- Optimized their website for all the target search terms.
- Redesigned their internal linking structure.
- Launched a content marketing campaign.
- Secured international location-based backlinks to increase their domain authority across target counties.
- We resolved website errors to remove the Google penalty.
- We also worked with the client to improve their sales-enablement process to improve lead quality and conversion rates.
Due to confidentiality requested by this client, we are unable to publicize more specific implementation strategies on the web; however, below outlines the results from this initiative.
Within six months of project competition, the client’s website ranked in the number one position for over 75 different search terms related to their core services in the target countries and subsequently experienced an organic traffic increase greater than 25x the previous organic traffic levels in the month leading up to our work. More importantly, the number of inbound leads generated through the website increased ten-fold while lead quality also improved.
The client reported that our program has led to a substantial return on investment and the closing of new, multi-million dollar business deals with firms including SpaceX™, Black & Decker™, and Milwaukee Tools™.
- Digital Strategy Consulting
- International Search Engine Optimization
- Conversion Rate Optimization